Saturday, September 10, 2011

Relief Society Craft Day!!! So Awesome!!

Today was our Super Saturday Craft Day at Relief Society. It's always a great time and I look forward to it every year. (I wish we could do it more often!) This year they extended the time (excellent idea) and they invited the Young Women to join us as well, so Erin and I got to hang out and have fun. I absolutely loved it and here is some of what we made. (I also took a card making class but ran out of time, so I have all the materials but none are made yet, so I will post those pics later.)

We did a few crafts using vinyl lettering. I made a few sets of "joy" blocks for Christmas, a Christmas tile, a family monogram, a watch and some bows.
They gave us plain wood blocks and we sanded them down, painted them, and then used vinyl lettering and ribbon to embellish it.
This one has a christmas tree with a red "believe" button. Too cute. You could tell just how cute it is if I could take a decent picture.
This was just a plain ceramic tile and we used vinyl letters to decorate it.
Erin made a watch. Sorry its blurry
the band is really cute. all black and white
For this, we got an 11x14 frame and applied the vinyl directly to the glass. Then we cut scrapbooking paper to place behind the monogram. Its neat because you can easily replace the decorative background paper to correspond to holidays or a change in decor.
Erin took a class on making bows. Pretty cool.
Way to go Erin!! They look great! What a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment