Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Big Move

I had no idea on February 4th (my last blog) what was in store for our family during the ensuing month. As if the snow, ice, near-zero temperatures, and school closings weren't enough, we also made a decision that has changed our lives for the better..we MOVED! For those of you who have moved, I don't need to explain the exhaustive efforts and super-heroic strength you need to survive. I will ever be grateful to my kiddos who stepped up to the plate and worked endlessly without complaint. I will do my shout-outs and accolades next blog. Right now I needed to get some pictures posted or I risked a lynch mob at my door. Remember....we haven't put anything up on the walls and we are still settling in. These pics will give you a quick idea of our wonderful new life.

Ok, so yours truly actually drove that huge truck! I didn't even destroy any historical landmarks or run over any small children.
This is our new home. Don't be deceived..it looks small but its almost as big as our other house!
I love the porch lamp
This is the view from our front door
Looking to the right is Erin's Room. You may not want to look at the next picture...she is SO NOT organized yet.
Much smaller than her old room, she is still trying to adjust.
From the front door looking left we have our formal living room. Happy new furniture to me.
I am in love
if you walk in the front door and go past Erin's room and the living room, you come to a "fork" in the road. To the left is the master suite. To the right is the family room, kitchen and another wing with 3 bedrooms, laundry room and kids bathroom.
Master bathroom, view of shower
this is the view from my bedroom
that door straight ahead is my walk in closet there is also another door just before that, along the left wall that has the potty
This is standing at the "fork" again, looking into the other half of the house
Yeah, so the pictures aren't totally in order....sorry. This is the hall that leads to the master. Pics of the "magic room" will be posted after I decorate.
View from family room into the kitchen Hi Mom
another view of family room
looking to the family room from the back door
The BEST things about the kitchen is the AWESOME skylight.

You might notice there is a wonderful space for a refrig, but there is NO refrig. Do not adjust your computer...this is not an illusion. We don't have one yet.
eat-in kitchen area
very bad picture of our deck and backyard

No comments:

Post a Comment