Friday, March 11, 2011

Bring on Springtime!

Springtime in Texas means the beginning of sports. In our family that means baseball, (even though its been going on since January) soccer, and track & field. Texans believe that God HATES sports because inevitably the rains begin as soon as the season starts. So far we have been pretty lucky with the rain but it has been cold! Erin's first game was Saturday and the wind was unrelenting. We shared a blanket when she wasn't on the field, but we still froze! In 2 weeks we'll be sweltering, so we take what is handed to us. We are seldom content with the weather patterns of the south. Since my last entry I have had a wonderful growth opportunity. (I have to say it that way or my kryptonite will dissolve and I will be a basket case.) Two weeks after moving into our wonderful, beautiful, perfectly perfect home, I lost my job. The company is basically breaking up and they are not keeping any insurance brokers. (was that cold water that just splashed in my face?) I must admit that the day I found out, I was nearly inconsolable. I went into panic mode and it short-circuited my breathing mechanism. (not really but I found it very hard to take a breath) Thank goodness for an amazing Relief Society President and good friend who cried with me, calmed me down, and listened as I rambled incoherently. She prayed with me and helped me realize that it would be ok. I also had a caring bishop and his 1st counselor that came to offer support and love. I finished the "boo-hooey" stage and went full force the next day finding a new job. I have had 3 interviews so far and I am trying to be positive. It will be fine. Life continues to be incredible at our new home and I fall more in love with it every day. Michele said it best when she said that Heavenly Father provided a great boat for me to weather out this nasty jobless storm in. The kids are great, the dogs and cat are great, and we continue to reap blessings that I endeavor to be worthy of.

Erin's first game....big wind, Freezing temps
Be aggressive Shell!!
The last part of my birthday gift arrived on Saturday as well. It's wonderful.(50")
Some choose to see the box as empty
But looks can be deceiving. Hi Andrew
Yup. All 6 ' 5" of my 16 yr old was stuffed into the box. Everyone had their turn including the cat
We have the most beautiful tree blossoming in our front yard. Its gorgeous!
I'm slowly getting things put up around the house. This is in our family room
Above the mantel. It looks better close up

No comments:

Post a Comment