Sunday, December 11, 2011

Playing Catch Up

Was my last post really at Halloween!? Yikes! Time really does fly doesn't it? Halloween was fun and I am VERY happy to report that my kiddos, of their own free will, only ate a fraction of their candy. Smart kiddos....they must get it from my side. (ahahahhaaa! Good one Rob) In November we were blessed with a visit from Gramma Nancy. We had our very informal Thanksgiving on Wednesday evening because the kids were with Mark for the holiday. It was absolutely amazing to walk into the house on Wednesday after work to the wonderful smells of the season. Erin and my mom had worked hard in the kitchen all day and prepared a delicious feast. Unfortunately Andrew got called into work and wasn't able to join us, but the rest of us ate ourselves silly and then played games and relaxed until the kids left with their dad.
Gramma and Andrew braved the black friday sales starting at 11:00 pm and didn't return until almost 6 am. I can't wait to get to my mom's age so I can have as much energy as she does! Most of the shopping was done during those wee hours of the morning, and the wonderful spoils eagerly await wrapping. Mom left on Monday and had a very safe (all-be-it slow) return trip to NY. I couldn't wait for the Christmas decorations to be unpacked after Thanksgiving. It has been YEARS since I have looked forward to this time of year and it feels good. I'm not sure what exactly brought about the excitement. I've gained weight, my best bud loves someone else,(but she's awesome so its ok) and money is non-existent...so I don't really have much to be joyful about. Right? Well, I have so many blessings and I have been trying to pay-it-forward more often. I have a wonderful home that I simply adore, my kiddos are with me for Christmas this year, and wonderful new things are in store. So..I have been walking on air and getting excited for the season. Andrew has been working extremely hard to earn his way to Utah next week. I am so proud of him for being so dedicated. He is off on a ski trip with Tanner and Natalie and our new family out west. He's gonna have a blast...and I am so jealous!
We also got to celebrate Ben's 15th birthday on December 5. (15? really?) It's been several years since he had a proper birthday, so this year we got a few of his amazing friends together and went to Main Event for some major celebrating. The boys played laser tag, billiards, and bowled a few games. A great group of kids and alot of laughing, then we went home and had our family party. Too fun! Ok..on to the pictures!

Erin did a great job on the table for Thanksgiving.

Gotta love Sparkling White Grape Juice. Yum!
Remember when I said "informal?" I meant it.
One of Ben's funny shirts for his bday. This one says "Does this suit make me look fat?"
Yup...a whipped cream pie in the face from Erin.


Erin and Dallin made and decorated the cake all by themselves.
The lovely tree. There ARE lights but you can't really tell at the moment. Every ornament was made by the kiddos or given to us for a special reason. It's fun that they all have great meaning to us and make the season special.
I made the Merry Christmas sign, and I collect snowmen so this is a fun pic for me.
Coming home is always a treat so I wrapped the door like a present.
Decor in the front hallway


The morning after we put up the tree we woke up to this. First time it has ever happened. Not really sure what happened, but the dog looks extremely guilty...just sayin.


No comments:

Post a Comment