Saturday, April 2, 2011

My Day with Dallin!!

It's been a long time since I had a date with my little cutie patootie, so I was really excited about today. We had a blast and we are ready to share our day with you. We woke up early and took care of 1st things first....DONUTS for breakfast! ( just for the record, I had water, and not a single donut) Then we washed the car and stopped for alittle sprucing up.

Cool Cuts is a great place for kids. They can watch a movie or play video games while getting their hair done. Brilliant idea but a bit pricey. Gotta love coupons!! This is Dallin before.
My handsome guy after. I'm pretty sure he didn't even know I took these pictures.
Ta-Da!! Here we are at our main destination! Haven't been here since Dallin was about 3 weeks old.
The entrance is so cool! it's a winding path thru the jungle!
You start at the top in the Rainforest. This waterfall is beautiful and there are several different varieties of exotic birds and little creatures all over.
I hate that this picture didn't turn out! There are 3 miniature marmaset monkeys and they are absolutely adorable! You can see them on the log, just to the right of center in the pic. Super small and fast!! They were hysterical!! And yes, they were green.
Dallin took the pic of this crocodile. He was a big ol'guy and rather hungry looking.
These are the cutest penguins!!! Personally i think they are in love...eh bud?
There are 3 penguins on this little island. You can't really see the one on the far left with his "wings" spread out, but he was lovin life let me tell you. He was squawking and posing for us...he was great.

This little guy could probably sit on my finger tip!! He was SO small!!!
No clue what this is. Some kind of a chameleon I think...reminds me of Rango.
Those straight things at the bottom kept popping up and down in the sand...some kind of seaworm or something. They were funny, and were all looking in the same direction.
The dumb octopus would not stop moving!!! It was REALLY interesting and we loved it.
HUGE sea turtle...you can't tell how big he was from this picture but he was bigger than Dallin. They had this amazing tank and inside was the turtle, all kinds of sharks, sting rays, giant fish, tons of sea life. The only problem was that my camera ran out of charge right about here and I had to keep turning it off and on to take a quick picture. The tank was dome-shaped and they would swim over your head and were super close! It was awesome!
a wonderful manatee who put on quite a show for us! I wanted to play with it!!
This is where my camera died for good. Our tour continued with more sea life, every kind of fish you could imagine (and some that you couldn't ) We saw jelly fish, seahorses, eels, snakes (not my favorite part) bats, owls, flamingos, jaquars, 2 giant otters, and hundred of other things. When we finally finished, Dallin chose Golden Corral for lunch and then we did a bit of shopping. It was a wonderful day....just Dallin and me. I love you schmoobie!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment